Elevated Canned Beans



I love to have easy sides on hand to close the gap on nights when I haven’t prepared our next meal plan. 

Tonight I made our regular halibut over corn, and romaine with ranch dressing. But the beans recipe is new, and worth saving. 

I love soy sauce on beans, but I didn’t want it to be so thin, since I would be serving this on a plate, so I added cream cheese to thicken it. 

The beans hold their own though. This was frickin’ delicious. 

Serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 1 can Cannellini beans. 
  • 1.5 Tbsp cream cheese. 
  • 1 Tbsp butter. 
  • 1/8 tsp salt. 
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper. 
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce. 
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. 
  2. Stir well, and microwave again for 1 more minute. 
  3. Stir. Divide between 2 people as a side. 


Comments