Red Bean & Vegetable, Amy's Inspired Soup


I've been eating Amy's Soup lately, but I've gotta start making my own, because of the oils they use. 

This one in particular has coconut milk, and it tastes so extreme to me, like breast milk. 

I'm gonna create a single serve recipe that can be multiplied for canning as necessary.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup diced zucchini 🥒 
  • 1/2 cup diced onions 🧅 
  • 1/2 cup cooked kidney beans 🫘 
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes 🍅 
  • 1/2 cup sliced carrots 🥕 
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter 🧈 
  • 1 cup filtered water or stock-of-choice.
  • 2 tbsp sliced green onions 🌱
  • 1/2 tsp Salt 🧂 
  • 1/2 tsp Pepper 🖤

Directions : 

  1. Heat butter, zucchini, onions, and carrots over medium high heat, stirring regularly for 10 minutes. 
  2. Add beans, tomatoes, and water, and bring up to a boil. 
  3. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
  4. Add green onions, salt and pepper. Stir and serve. 

Comments