Strawberry and Peach Smoothie inspired by Daily Harvest

 


I love Daily Harvest, because you're never going to find anything processed in any of their meals. I just checked out "Factor", thinking they would be like Daily Harvest, but with meat, and I was sorely mistaken - starches, gums, seed oils. 

So I'm sticking with Daily Harvest until I can replace them with my own meal planning. But there will always be times when I didn't plan well enough ahead, and I'll order them some more. 10 out of 10. 

I do have to replace some of the ingredients for other ones though, because I get inflamed when I do tree nuts. So my versions may be modified for that. Oh, and I'll include any weird ingredients they have, like maca, or chlorella, unless I know they have adverse effects for me personally - like ashwaganda. 

I'm nervous about the flax seeds in this recipe, so I might swap it out for fish oil, or something. 

Ingredients:

  • 5 frozen strawberries
  • 6 frozen banana slices
  • 5 frozen peach slices
  • 7 frozen raspberries
  • 1/4 cup goji berries, or 1 tbsp Goji Berry Powder
  • 2 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup Horizon Organic DHA Whole Milk  
Directions:
  1. add all ingredients to Vitamix, or other high-speed blender, and blend on the smoothie setting (high for 50 seconds). 
Meal Planning Shopping list from Walmart:
  • (forthcoming)

Comments