Pimiento Cheese Pinwheels

 


Evidently, I never saved this recipe to my blog, and here I am, needing it to make pinwheels for Kyle's coworkers and it's not coming up in search.

Luckily, I found my handwritten version in the garage from before I started this blog. 

So this recipe helps, when it comes to frying up the tortillas, but it doesn't have the REAL pimento cheese recipe, so I had to look it up again, and it was a little hard to find, so I wanna give this grandma credit because she is SO cute.



And here is a screenshot from the description:



To simplify and multiply:

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
  • 4 (4 oz) jars diced pimientos.
  • 3/4 cup mayo.
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper.







Directions:
  1. Cook the tortillas according to package instructions, either on-demand, or in advance. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, pimentos, may and black pepper. Stir to combine. 
  3. You can use all of this right away, if you're meal planning, or you can just slather it on a fresh tortilla on the go. 
  4. Roll up however many tortillas you filled, and slice into pinwheels. 
Makes 18 tortillas worth of pinwheels.

Variation: add hickory smoked sliced lunch meat, and slather it in smoked paprika for a BBQ pork + Pimiento cheese combo. 





Comments