Elevated Easy Ramen

 


Ingredients:

  • Any flavor Nong Shim Bowl Noodle Soup (3.03 oz.).  
  • 7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
  • 2 pieces cooked bacon, diced (see note below).  
  • 1/4 cup minced white onion. 
  • 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped (optional). 
  • 3 cloves of minced garlic.  
Directions:
  1. Open the package of Bowl Noodle Soup (Ramen).
  2. Transfer noodles to a medium-sized glass bowl (microwave safe), and top with seasoning packet. 
  3. Toss in all add-ins except for the tomatoes. 
  4. Pour water (or homemade stock) over soup until it just covers it.
  5. Microwave for 3.5 minutes. 
  6. Remove from microwave and stir noodles well. 
  7. Microwave again for 3.5 minutes.
  8. Stir in cherry tomatoes and allow to cool for 1 minute before eating.  
Note: If you don't add any mix-ins, this Ramen is still amazing when cooked for the full 7 minutes (stirred half way through). If you do that, you should add 1 Tbsp. butter. 

You can prep a larger portion of the add-ins in advance, and then they'll be ready for you each night when you nuke your Ramen. The only thing that shouldn't be prepped in advance is the tomatoes.

Try this with marinated soft-boiled eggs (recipe forthcoming). 


This is the size bowl I like to use when making Ramen. It's probably a 7-cup glass storage container. 


Hot & Spicy flavor is my favorite, if you can find it. It's not very hot, unless my taste buds are just dull, or something. 😁


You can bake bacon in the oven and store it in the fridge until you are ready for it. I'll post a recipe the next time I make it. I don't remember the exact baking time. 


Those are the marinated soft-boiled eggs I was speaking about. I'll have to test the recipe again before I post it, because I don't exactly remember how to make them. That's why I created this blog!




Comments