Berry Mug Cake

 



This could be keto if you used erythritol, but I’m doing this for health, so I trust a minimal amount of sugar over artificial sweetener. 

As much as I intermittent fast, it doesn’t knock me out of ketosis, but I only eat half of this. 

Eating any sugar, or sweet things, will make it harder to break carb addiction, but it might also help you avoid keto flu when you’re not fully fat adapted, so keep that in mind. 

If you want the keto version, substitute 1 to 2 tbsp of erythritol for the raspberry jam. 

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp blanched almond flour. 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder. 
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted. 
  • 1 egg. 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. 
  • 1/2 tsp strawberry extract (optional). 
  • 1/2 to 1 tbsp all natural raspberry preserves. 
  • 2 tbsp frozen wild blueberries. 
  • 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional). 
  • 1/16 tsp salt (optional). 
Directions:
  1. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. 
  2. Add remaining ingredients, except blueberries, and stir well. 
  3. Then add blueberries and stir gently. 
  4. Microwave on high for 60 seconds (in a large mug or ramekin. You might have to divide it between 2 containers. It almost spills over my ramekin, as you can see in the picture, but it works for me). 

Comments