Seasoned Chicken Stock

I have a whole bunch of recipes that were written by hand. And I have been saving them, with the intention of uploading them all to my blog, little by little. 

I have more energy now, because despite my depression, which normally only allows for me to do like 1 task per day (pertaining) to this blog, I have been intermittent fasting, and I find myself with almost a compulsion to do all of the things I've been wanting to do for a long time. 

With that said, I haven't made this recipe in a long time. Once upon a time I made an amazing chicken stock, that I froze into ice cubes, and every time I got one of those suckers out of the freezer for a recipe, I was amazed at how ding-dang good it was. I really hope that was the recipe I saved here. 

Also, I didn't hand write my recipes with the detail quality that I have been having since I started using my blog to save recipes, so I left out some important details, and now I have to guess. I included the guesses below. 

I intend to make this recipe again soon, because chicken stock is such a useful ingredient to break fasts with, and I will update it at that time. 

Ingredients:

  • 10 organic Perdue (if Walmart) Harvestland chicken drumsticks. 
  • 3 whole carrots, with the stem bit cut off.  
  • 1/2 lemon. 
  • 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled.
  • 1/2 white onion, peeled, trimmed and chopped 5 times, crosswise. 
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro, trimmed. 
  • 2 tsp salt. 
  • 1 tsp thyme. 
  • 1 tsp basil. 
  • 1 tsp rosemary. 
  • 1 tbsp oregano. 
  • 1 tbsp parsley. 
  • however much water you can fit in a 13x9 inch casserole with all of these other ingredients. (sorry, I didn't write that part down). 
Directions:
  1. Combine all of these ingredients in a 13x9 inch casserole dish. 
  2. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours. 
  3. Allow to cool for 1-2 hours, and pour it into silicon ice cube trays (I'll try to remember to update this with better details next week). 
  4. Freeze. Then transfer to a freezer bag, or another storage container that you use for the freezer. That way you free up your trays for other stuff, like smoothies!


  

Comments