On Demand Keto Bagel Burgers


 I realize I already made a blog about these burgers, and that one stands on its own, but I wanted to make this one to show the best way to assemble and make a single burger on demand. 

See that recipe for ingredients and macros. 

When I get started, I already have an onion in a container in the fridge without a jacket. I usually throw random things in with it, like this week I put some leftover tomato paste in there, and some spare bell pepper. Sometimes I’ll throw leftover lemons in there. It’s so handy, and doesn’t waste single-use plastic. 



The first thing I do is throw the bagel buns in the oven for 10 minutes, with the insides facing up, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Then I turn on the burner to medium-high heat under my ceramic coated Dutch oven. It’s the only cast iron pan I have. I don’t put the butter in yet, until later. 

Then I cut up my onion, and cheese, and bell pepper, if we’re having a side. I’m switching to carnivore soon. I’m just using them up. I like to get the sanitary things out of the way before I start handling raw meat. 


Then I throw in a tbsp of butter and EVOO, and I let that melt while I prepare the patty. 

I use 1 pound squares of Marketside brand organic, grass fed beef, and I cut them into quarters. I already had my last quarter in a storage container from previous days of burger making. 




I rolled that into a ball. 


And then I flattened it as much as I could with a flat bottomed glass bowl. 


Then I transferred it to the preheated pan. 


I allowed it to cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side. 


Then I flipped it and allowed it to cook for another 2-3 minutes, and transferred it to a plate to cool. 




In a separate bowl, I combined a tsp salt and black pepper. I poured that into my left hand, and I sprinkled both sides of the patty with it. 


Then I topped it with cheddar cheese, and nuked it for 21 seconds in the microwave. 


Then I slathered my bottom bun with dressing. This is the dressing from that first recipe, but I diluted it with more yogurt, and balsamic vinegar and garlic powder because I needed it to go farther. 


Then I topped it with minced onions. 


Then I slathered my other bun with dressing. 


And put it on top. The recipe for these buns is in the other recipe. 


Then I plated it with the bell pepper strips. 


And the leftover cheese, and extra sauce for dipping. 





















Comments