Cinnamon Toast Latte

 


I've been craving French toast flavors, but as you know, your girl is keto/carnivore, so I had to do the low carb latte version. This recipe has a pasteurized egg yolk in it, so it's French AF. If you need a second opinion, Kyle say's I nailed it. 

I can't vouch for this post, because I don’t have keto-brain right now. I just got stressed out enough that my glucose shot up to 150 without sugar! 

Did you know your blood sugar can go way up, just because your adrenals released cortisol? 

I drank this fully caffeinated beverage, which tapped my adrenals to make cortisol, and then I apologized to someone for behavior I wasn’t proud of, and that made my liver release glycogen stores - the stuff it saves to help you power things that don’t use ketones, like red blood cells, and it used it so I could face an old trauma. 

I just learned I've gotta switch to decaf, and exercise more so my frazzled constitution doesn't give me diabetes. 

My husband's blood sugar didn't go up with the Choc Zero (corn fiber), and I made amends with someone I  had a falling out with 3 years ago, so I can definitively attribute the spike to the stress.  

Serves 1

Ingredients:
  • 2 ounces of espresso
  • 12 ounces of whole milk. 
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon. 
  • 1/4 tsp ginger. 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. 
  • 1 egg yolk. 
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup, or for keto, 1 tbsp Choc Zero maple syrup. 
Directions:
  1. Follow the directions for my standard latte recipe, but add all of the ingredients above (except for the espresso and maple syrup) to the milk while it's still cold, and whisk it regularly while heating it over medium-low heat. I'd say you can start it at a 6 out of 10 for 1 minute, then reduce it to a 3 until you bring it up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit with a food thermometer. 
  2. If you don't have a food thermometer, you can use your finger (if you're brave and careful enough) to feel for hotness. If it's too hot for your finger, it's done. Consume under-cooked eggs at your own risk, but you got this. 
  3. Add the espresso and maple syrup, and heat to your desired temperature without overcooking the eggs. 
Note: It's important to whisk it the whole time, so that your egg yolk doesn't over-cook and turn your latte into gravy. For that reason, you might make the espresso first, before you start the flavored milk, that way you don't have any distractions. It's possible to do both at the same time, but you'll want to know it inside and out before you try it. 













Comments

Post a Comment